Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Blankets are Coming

My first dorm blanket is almost done. It's the one I'm making for my friend Molly, and I can't wait to finish it and do something more exciting than straight cables (yes, I know that's an oxy-moron). I finished the third strip on Monday night, and sewed it to the other two. I decided to make the last two together, because I'm a lazy bum. =) After I finish this first one I'll probably get the yarn to make the fun strip for the next blanket, and then work on something else for awhile. I have an eight how conference to go to this weekend, so it''l make for goood knitting.
In other news, I dyed my first skein of yarn ever tonight. It's a pretty pink-ish orange color that matches my prom dress. I'm going to use it for my wrap, which is going to be Jeannie from the fall issue of knitty. Mmmm, I can't wait to start making it out of my soft thin little wool.

No comments: